The local missions ARML-IdF supports were first created in 1982. ARML-IdF supports this network of what is now 68 missions, which provide public service and integration assistance to young people who need it.
ARML-IdF carries out several dozen transversal projects each year, including:
- Projects related to the employment, training, and social integration of young people.
- Projects related to the digital transformation of ARML-IdF.
Philippe Crest joined ARML-IdF in 2020 and was appointed to lead the adoption and use of new technology. Having used MindManager in his previous role, he decided to implement the solution at ARML-IdF as well.
Crests’ main objective with this implementation was to streamline the accessibility of information sharing within the association as well as with key external stakeholders (e.g., the local missions and service providers that ARML-IdF works with).
Because of the number of people and organizations involved in its day to day operations, ARML-IdF faced many project management challenges, including the need for:
- A clear, centralized overview of all upcoming, in progress, and completed projects.
- A way to monitor the progress of each project and its deliverables.
- Structuring meeting outcomes and organizing key ideas.
- A way to avoid writing up minutes for each meeting, which was a time-consuming task. These minutes were also text-only, which made them impractical for reference purposes, as information within them was hard to find and see clearly.
- Providing project members with access to key project information, which changes continually.
- Building and sharing a common vision within the association and across the local missions.
“At ARML-IdF, MindManager is used by project managers, members of the economic intelligence observatory, and those in charge of training and disability programs. They use the tool to create and execute projects, allowing them to access all information and resources that are created as the project progresses.
"Using MindManager also enabled [team members] to adopt a new approach to organizing data, using visualization rather than plain text. This has helped the team better understand project challenges, influential factors and dependencies among various factors.”
Digital project manager for ARML-IdF
How ARML-IdF uses MindManager
AMRL-IdF uses MindManager for three key functions:
Increasing transparency during project management: “We used MindManager to manage a bidding process to keep every stakeholder informed about the status of the process every step of the way.”
Capturing key information during workshops: “We use MindManager for workshops and brainstorming sessions with internal and external stakeholders. Using a mind map enables us to collect everyone’s thoughts and ideas in one place so we can determine what the priorities are.”
Holding more efficient meetings: “During virtual meetings, each participant has the opportunity to speak, and their different ideas are captured in real time within a MindManager map. As a result, meeting minutes are no longer needed, which saves us time.”
MindManager enabled ARML-IdF to significantly improve the efficiency of project planning and management in the following ways:
- Each project is created and executed using shared mind maps in MindManager, which centralize all information and sources for easy reference.
- Completed project maps are saved and reused as templates, which saves considerable time and helps the association launch new projects more quickly.
- Association members don’t have to worry about forgetting certain tasks because everything is documented in one central location that can be referenced at any time.
- Information can be easily accessed, shared with, and collaborated on by all association members.
“Thanks to MindManager, we’ve moved away from linear data management and towards visualization, which allows us to focus our attention on what matters most.”
Digital project manager for ARML-IdF